The trip highlights:
- Osh Bazaar - fantastic after the solitude and torture of central Kyrgyzstan
- The Pamir Mountains - desolation and magical Afghan sceneryThe Wakhan Valley - the lush valley, beautiful people and incredible hospitality
The trip lowlights:
- Pedalling into Naryn with a broken bike
- Pedalling back to Kazarman with a broken spirit
- Severe dehydration on the run into Kochkor
- Altitude sickness in Tajikistan
- The night of the leaky bowel in Murgab
The epiphany moment:
- Sitting on a rock in 45 degree heat with little water just outside Kazarman. I learned more about myself on that rock than I cared to...
By far the most difficult and probing experience of my life. I will remember Tajikistan, in particular, and the spirit of the Pamirs long after the fear of dehydration dissipates.